Screen cleaner

seventiesdolly 12:17 01 May 06

At the moment I use dry lint-free wipes for my screen but they're useless, and my screen remains gunky. Are there any moist wipes on the market that are ok to use, or would just a damp cloth suffice. I don't want my screen dissolving under my fingertips through using the wrong thing ;-)

Methedrine 12:58 01 May 06

I just use a damp cloth. Make sure that you wring it out well though. You don't want water running inside it while cleaning.

J B 12:59 01 May 06

Check here click here The one I use is called CD/Optical Polishing Cloth. Just dampen with warm water and wring to a light damp stage and wipe gently. They are brilliant, but a little expensive, that said, they will last ages. You can also get them at supermarkets. J.B.

hssutton 13:09 01 May 06

Currys @ PC world sell screen cleaning tissues which are duitable for TFT screens or click here, but like Methedrine I use a slightly dampened lint free cloth

rawprawn 13:32 01 May 06

As Methedrine, a damp soft cloth is all that is necessary.

martd77 13:51 01 May 06

a 99p microfibre cloth with a small amount of water for grubby marks will work,use any chemicals and it destroys the coating on the monitor

seventiesdolly 14:08 01 May 06

Thanks to all!

Stuartli 15:18 01 May 06

Opticians should/will stock a long time favourite of mine, a Calotherm cloth.

Originally developed decades ago for cleaning spectacles, it's the one product I've only ever used for cleaning the delicate anti-reeflective surfaces of high quality camera lenses.

Current versions are also intended to be used on TFT and similar monitors.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…