screen capture

Mr Tinkles 12:58 04 Jul 03

is it poI wish to capture a picture of a technical drawing i am doing in solid works and use it as a jpeg in a presentation i am ucreating,however every time i save it the quality is so bad i can not use it. i have tried altering the resolution and all sorts of things but nothging seems to improve it

Gongoozler 14:07 04 Jul 03

Hi Mr Tinkles. I don't find jpeg very good for fine detail such as technical drawings, but it is sometimes passable if I use a facility that lets me choose the compression factor. For this I use Corel PhotoPaint, and when it asks me for the Quality Factor, I would use a figure less than 10, where 2 is best quality and 255 is worst.

Mr Tinkles 14:14 04 Jul 03

cheers for the info . do you know if it works for paint shop pro seven? i have also seen this done by saving the picture as a viz. file extension but i have no idea what application created it.

AshW 20:20 04 Jul 03

Yes, for PSP7, choose "Export" then "JPEG Optimizer". Alter the slider depending on how much compression you want.

Ironman556 20:25 04 Jul 03

If you're using the Tech drawing program to create the jpg, try using the "Prt Scr" button (above insert),then pasting into PSP7. You can then save as a jpg and choose the options to optimise from the save dialog.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…