Screen burn problem on laptop

the old man 23:36 PM 20 Jul 13

Whenever I highlight text and then right click on it, the cut, copy etc dialogue box is very feint on the screen. When I move the cursor over it, the box appears normal. When I click on, say, copy, it copies the text but the copy line of the dialogue box stays on the screen. It is as if the command has been burnt onto the screen. The only way to get rid of it is to restart the computer. Does anyone have any ideas. Using windows7 on an acer aspire 5742 which uses Intel(r) HD graphics.

the old man 22:48 PM 29 Jul 13

bump

lotvic 00:24 AM 30 Jul 13

It's bug in some W7s installs. Solutions to try on click here the screen resolution or color depth resets the desktop window manager, so it's always been a (the?) workaround for the bug when it appears.

Changing

lotvic 00:29 AM 30 Jul 13

and the bug on pca forum is the 'jumping word' so I'll repost :)

It's a bug in some W7s installs. Changing the screen resolution or color depth resets the desktop window manager, so it's always been a (the?) workaround for the bug when it appears. Or change the theme.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…