Screen Blanks when DVD Drive activated

baz57 16:23 28 Jul 03

Having just sorted out another problem by reformatting hard drive and reinstalling windows Me I completed downloading/installing the updates from microsoft website. Now whenever I put a CD or DVD into drive F I hear it wind up then the screen goes blank into 'standby' mode and I have to reboot to get it back. However, my CD-RW drive (D) continues to work fine and as advertised with the same discs! Any suggestions as to why the DVD drive has given up? All the drives report sat in Control Panel/System/Device
etc. Taxan 975 monitor, 3D blaster mx440 graphics card. Thanks.

john-232317 17:38 28 Jul 03

What dvd program are you using ?

Djohn 17:51 28 Jul 03

Might be you have it set to display to TV, this may auto. turn off your PC screen. j.

baz57 20:17 28 Jul 03

Sorry, may have misled you all. It's not when playing a DVD but when trying to run a normal software cd (tried to install Office 2000, use the PC Advisor cover disc, install TRAOD and tried an audio CD all with the same result as above) so I don't think it is aDVD software problem. Any other suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…