//some 3rd party need geo

Screen Blanks Out

Phoenix40 10:29 10 Oct 05

Hello after resetting my computer yesterday ive noticed that my monitor screen seems to go blank after a few minutes if i dont use the mouse.But i have set the monitor to shut down after 2 hours and ive got it on standby in 4 hours is there something wrong with my screen or have i forgotten something.I have Windows 98SE, Nvidia 420X graphics card any ideas would be helpful thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:46 10 Oct 05

Screen saver?

If set to none doesn't switch off monitor but also doesn't diplay anything, i.e. black screen + green powerlght.

Phoenix40 11:24 10 Oct 05

Hello it still looks like theres something wrong i put my screensaver to come on in 1 min it came on for a while then the screen went blank if i dont use my mouse again.I presume when you set the screen saver where there is a tab that says wait and you put in certain mins like 15 mins thats when the screen saver comes on is that right.Otherwise like i said i got the screen to close down in 2 hours later and the CPU to close down in 3 hours.I never had this problem before.Can things like Zone Alarms etc affect the screen thanks for any ideas.

Phoenix40 13:56 10 Oct 05

Hello just to let you know ive sorted out my monitor problem i decided for now to put everything on None so the screen doesnt blank out at anytime and ive left the screensavers for now so my monitor at the moment remains on i might change the settings later but i dont leave my computer on all day thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…