Screen area and colours changed

Henryk 12:43 16 Oct 03

I am using windows 98 2nd Ed.
Today my screen apearance changed. Everything is now much larger and colours have altered.
I have been into display properties and settings, I have attempted to change colour and screen area but for some reason I can nolonger anjust screen area setting. The slidder bar does not move.

Any help please.

Thank you.

Jim Lowe

MAJ 12:53 16 Oct 03

You'll need to re-install your graphics card's drivers, Henryk. Sometimes a re-boot of the PC will kick things in again, so try that first.

johnnyrocker 13:03 16 Oct 03

has the machine for some reason booted into safe mode?

cheers.
johnny.

pj123 15:01 16 Oct 03

Reboot your computer and keep hitting the F8 key continuously until you get a menu. Select Menu Item 6 and press enter. You will be presented with a list of 5 dates (american style) pick a date when your computer was last working properly and press enter. Follow the prompts and restart. Should bring you back to where you were.

pj123 15:02 16 Oct 03

Sorry, forget my last response I have missed half of the instructions out. will post again.

pj123 15:06 16 Oct 03

Right, second try. Reboot your computer and keep hitting the F8 key continuously until you get a menu. Select Menu Item 6 and press enter. You will now get a black screen with C:\Windows> type in scanreg /restore and press enter. You will be presented with a list of 5 dates (american style) pick a date when your computer was last working properly and press enter. Follow the prompts and restart. Should bring you back to where you were.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…