Scotland knee deep in haggis

SparkyLivesOn 20:50 26 Jun 08

Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

I've been working on an DDA audit in Word for work on a mac. When I print to PDF (using adobe 8 pro) it decides to save only some of the pages not all?

I thought i'd be good take it home and spend some time on it but now im using a PC and the text in some parts in Word comes out as hollow squares.

I can't print to PDF properly on my mac and now I can't do anything on my PC cause the text is a mess in Word.....

Any suggestions before i cry.......

Technotiger 21:03 26 Jun 08

I have not used a Mac, but on the Mac does it not give you the option to save or convert your work to any PC compatible format?

Or, on the PC do you not have the option to Save as: in another format like .doc .txt or whatever.

Afraid I am only guessing, but this might attract someone better qualified than myself!

grey george 21:11 26 Jun 08

You might find some info. here click here
Hollow squares seem to suggust a format error.
What happens if you import the document rather than open it.

Ditch999 23:12 26 Jun 08

Switching between programmes, never mind OSs is not a good idea as you have found out.
It sounds like a formatting or font problem. Make sure the fonts used in the document are installed on the PC, or when printing to PDF select the option to embed all fonts.

Seth Haniel 08:09 27 Jun 08

you need the same fonts on both machines

hiwatt 10:14 27 Jun 08

What's with the title of this thread?I don't get it?

Technotiger 10:21 27 Jun 08

Hi, perhaps a Sassanach (I've probably spelt that wrong) might say 'help - I'm in the *mire* - or word to that effect! ROFL .....

hiwatt 11:32 28 Jun 08

Thanks technotiger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…