Schedule tasks

arrow 12:01 21 Sep 06

Prior to removing ME I scheduled both counterspy and disk defrag and they ran appropriately. Since wiping hard drive and installing XP SP2 the counterspy page comes up but it wont run until I click it. I have completely failed to schedule defrag. Can somebody please help?

silverous 13:05 21 Sep 06

How did you schedule them both?

What have you tried, what happened?

arrow 13:55 21 Sep 06

counterspy was scheduled to run at 1800 hrs daily, and it did, and defrag was scheduled to run at 1000 hrs on Saturdays, and it did.
Now the counterspy page comes up but does not run until I click "run scan now", and I have been unable to schedule defrag because it does not occur in the schedule wizard list of jobs.

silverous 14:05 21 Sep 06

What I meant was, how did you get them scheduled in the first place?

I'm assuming the programs did it when you installed them?

I don't know counterspy but it sounds like there is an option buried somewhere within it to schedule a scan.

RE: Defrag, I just did a google search for "schedule defrag" and this came back - any good?

click here

Did you set this up in the first place?

arrow 17:08 21 Sep 06

Many thanks Silverous, for the download. I have printed it and will set it up as instructed. Under ME I simply clicked on "add a task" , typed in the program and then set the schedule to when I wanted it to run, and it did. I have failed to find a schedule facility in counterspy, but I will ask them. Cheers, Arrow.

silverous 17:15 21 Sep 06

click here

This any use? (Sunbelt Counterspy User Guide)

Page 42 (or 4-13 as they call it at the bottom) is all about "Managing the scanning schedule"

Sounds like there is a "manage schedule" option on the "spyware scan" page.

I don't know the product at all - this is just from research to help with this, so could be wrong!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…