Scart splitter

Grambo 19:06 19 Oct 05

Ok not pc prob but im sure I can get advise on this. I brought a splitter as spare tv only has one scart socket. Plugged in 3 devices (it has push buttons for each device reqd) into splitter but could only get sound out of each device. When connected directly to tv all was well. Are these devices hit and miss? I made sure as i could that connections where made properly

DieSse 19:31 19 Oct 05

The devices are normally fine - I use one myself.

Look at the end which goes into the TV - either it's not fully pushed in - or look at the pins - sometimes one will get pushed into the housing, and so not make contact - you can pull it forwards with a pair of fine pliers - the sound pins are near one end - the video pins near the oher end.

Or there may be broken wires or shorted wires - probably at the plug end.

johnnyrocker 19:36 19 Oct 05

make sure it has all 21 pins as it may be a one way audio, do you get pics of each item via splitter?

Belatucadrus 19:38 19 Oct 05

Recently fitted a cheap 3 to 1 converter, it worked fine with the DVD and VHS, but put the Digibox in and it all went haywire. Fortunately the TV had two sockets, so I could bypass the splitter and plug it in direct.

There's no particular moral to the story, but try plugging them in your devices one at a time, see if any one is causing the problem.

Grambo 19:51 19 Oct 05

Im sure i tried each device (playstation, dvd and tv infra red sender) seperately but will try all suggestions here.

Stuartli 20:26 19 Oct 05

Sometimes Scart sockets have a two-way switch depending which two units it is being used to connect.

However, an automatic switching Scart box can be obtained for around £20 to £25 at various electrical outlets.

Here's an example but it's a bit expensive:

click here

Grambo 20:46 19 Oct 05

Oh dear, tightened a plastic cap at scart a treat. Dont you just hate that. Many thanks for time guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…