Scart Cable With On/Off Switch Wanted

Mango Grummit 05:34 01 Jan 05

I need a scart cable, all 21 pins wired, with an inline on/off switch. Does anyone know where I can get one?

I bought a two-way switchable lead from Maplins thinking that if I switched from one to the other with nothing connected to the second one that this would achieve the same effect as pulling the connection out, which is what I'm doing now. It does not work though as it is not fully wired to all 21 pins. Obviously intended for a special application.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

€dstowe 08:31 01 Jan 05

Try these people click here if they don't have what you want they may be able to make something up for you.

smudge101 08:57 01 Jan 05

If you nip down to Adsa they have scart connection blocks with switchable outputs. Two models were in, a basic dual output and a three output model. Bought the later as the better half bought me a DVD recorder for xmas (God bless her ;-)
I reckon it should do the job.

jack 09:26 01 Jan 05

I have seen on the 'small goods' rack of most of the electrical stores various SCART cables with all sorts of IN-OUT/OFF-ON/switches with /without
RCA's on fly leads - surely one of these will suit?

hazelnut 10:30 01 Jan 05

I have just bought a masterplug electronic scart switchbox from argos, 29.99 reduced to 19.99. It has four scart connectors and switches automatically to the one that is powered. I have dvd and vcr connected to the tv, but it will also accept a satelite or dvd box as well.

hazelnut 10:33 01 Jan 05

Sorry, last line should read digital box not dvd box. up too late last night !!

Mikè 10:40 01 Jan 05

Can you give more details of the "special application" if possible, I don't think any of the switching boxes disconnects all 21 wires.

Mango Grummit 12:22 01 Jan 05

Mikè, all I want to do is achieve the same effect as pulling the plug out. I think you are right about none of the switching boxes disconnecting all 21 wires.

They seem to do as hazelnut says above as I learned when I bought another (after the Maplins one) which of course also did not work as the socket I was switching to was empty.

Anyway as it's Bank Holiday now until Tuesday I'm going to hang fire 'til then and contact €dstowe's link. I don't think I'm going to find what I'm looking for off the shelf.

Thanks all for your interest and happy new year to everyone.

M

woodchip 12:34 01 Jan 05

I use one from Argos it's about 5 switched

canard 14:42 01 Jan 05

click here this is the co that gave me super rapid inexpensive service for what you want.

Stuartli 15:08 01 Jan 05

It's unlikely you will get on/off (in/out is common) as any device being connected initiates a voltage charge to make the switchover via one of the 21 cables.

That's why your VCR or DVD player can automatically be used via your TV as required even though you may be already watching, for instance, a terrestial TV programme.

These may throw some more light on the subject of Scart cables:

click here

click here

Incidentally, my best mate, who runs an independent audio/visual/appliances outlet, tells me that contrary to what he originally believed, the high quality gold-plated Scart and similar cables really do bring a dramatic improvement when used with high end LCD, plasma and large screen TV and audio products.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…