scart adapters?

Rennaissance 22:36 07 Jan 04

hello, i would like to know if there are such things as scart adapters that has scart input or output so i can transfer i.e. video from a scart device to my pc. Would they come as a PCI card or something else. Or maybe a usb adapter. Thanks in advance.

Tim1964 22:51 07 Jan 04

I would have guessed you'll need a PCI card with a TV 'tuner' in it. The type that allows you to watch/record TV. The output from the video/camcorder/antenna will all be the same to the card on the PC.

Rennaissance 22:55 07 Jan 04

thing is i wanted a card which has scart input. I already have a tv tuner and it only has one composite port and not s video or anything. I thought Scart would be more reliable anyway, And isn't scart analogue? So converting to digital will take a long time. Hmm... anyone else know if these exist or if it is possible.

DieSse 23:57 07 Jan 04

What you need is a cable with a SCART at the TV end, and the right connections for your TV card at the other.

Loads of versions of that available at any decent TV shop.

Muckle 00:15 08 Jan 04

I got the leads/components from my local Maplins - less than a tenner!

Rennaissance 15:29 08 Jan 04

thanks all, only have a yellow composite on tv tuner, which i think only supports video and not audio as i would need the red and white composites also. Might try it though, will buy a lead over the weekend from maplins or other. Will post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…