scanreg

HOLLYBEAR 19:41 17 Jan 05

I was told by a friend that if I click start , run and then type scanreg and click OK that it would scan my registry for me but it says it cant find pathway etc.Am I typing the correct run command and if not then what should it be ?

Win xp.

stalion 19:50 17 Jan 05

far better to do a registry clean up unless you specifically want to scan the registry
click here

JonnyTub 19:51 17 Jan 05

Depends what you want to do? scanreg as far as i'm aware is'nt available in xp. Your better off using system restore or the system file checker, if your having registry problems, or if it's a bit bloated, stalion's is the way to go.

HOLLYBEAR 21:15 17 Jan 05

The reason I need this is because I am having some problems downloading at the moment , but I believe that my ISP is "experiencing technical difficulties" at the moment.However , I just tried SFC in the run command box and a window seemed to appear for a fraction of a second on screen and then disappeared and of course without the sfc working , I have tried this a couple of times with the same result does any one know how I can fix this please?

spikeychris 21:16 17 Jan 05

Type cmd first and hit eneter. Then type sfc /scannow

VoG II 21:17 17 Jan 05

Start, Run, type in

sfc /scannow

and click OK. You may be asked to insert your Windows CD.

HOLLYBEAR 22:54 17 Jan 05

Ok guys , thanks I ran the sfc and no problem .
The reason everything was slow was because of a problem at Tiscalis end but all seems fine now .However because it all slowed up I done what I call my full security check after updating all my security type programs , and a² discovered a trojan Win32.KillReg.d , it succesfully removed it but I couldn't find much info on this particular trojan so as I could have some sort of indication as to where I might have gotten it from. My question therefore is does any one have any info for me on that trojan please ?

stalion 23:10 17 Jan 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…