scannow stops at 81 per cent

patso 23:50 PM 11 Dec 12

When running sfc scannow the scan stops at 81 per cent. It only started this lately. I'm using windows 7 Toshiba satellite c660 Intel i3. Any ideas please as my pc is freezing lately but its only a few months old. Any help please.

lotvic 00:46 AM 12 Dec 12

How long did you wait before you decided it was frozen? sometimes it does appear to have frozen but is really still checking files. Have you got the W7 DVD in the tray when you run it?

May I ask what prompted you to run scannow? (and the previous scannows you have done)

lotvic 13:52 PM 12 Dec 12

Jock1e, his last thread was just over a month ago and no mention of freezing..

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4184897/internet-cuts-off-with-default-gateway-not-available-error/

patso 16:11 PM 12 Dec 12

Hi the problem i had was sluggish connection to both chrome and IE ,I ran sfc /scannow before and it worked perfect,but when i ran it again lately to see if this would resolve my problem i got this message -Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation- and it happens at 81 per cent,my question is why does this happen on a fairly new pc,i dont have a back up disc as the recovery is on a partition which came installed,i am only back on line now after this problem as i let the pc run for a while doing its own thing from start up and seems to be running ok now. I am doing an av scan with avg now to see if anything caused the crash,thanks for the replies,my previous posts were resolved ,the last one was an ip provider problem.By the way is there any way to do a start up recovery without the disc?thanks again

lotvic 16:24 PM 12 Dec 12

You should create your own system recovery discs. Here are the instructions Toshiba.com

lotvic 16:39 PM 12 Dec 12

You can create and burn a W7 System Repair Disc

You can download the .iso and burn a W7 ordinary install DVD (get the W7 Media Refresh (SP1 U) - that's W7 with SP1 on) scroll down to 2nd panel of links for the English(USA) version.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…