Scanning Software

griffo 13:54 28 Jul 06

I have (for my sins!) an HP PSC 1610 printer/scanner/copier and it would be quicker to paint the Forth Bridge than scan a document on it! Is there any software I can use, apart from that supplied by HP, that might speed things up? I know you only get what you pay for and I should have known better but it would be a shame to bin it.

FelixTCat 14:24 28 Jul 06

Griffo,

Unfortunately the speed of scanning is inherent to the equipment. With is came a driver which will interconnect the all-in-one to the pc called TWAIN

Whilst there is a lot of software which can manipulate the scanned image, none of it replaces the TWAIN driver.

The best you can do is look for updated drivers on the manufacturer's website.

What I would suggest is that you look at the scanning resolution you use. The greater the resolution, the slower the scan. There is little point in scanning to high resolution - printed pages 100dti, photographs 300dpi are reasonable guidelines.

Regards,

Felix

griffo 19:21 28 Jul 06

Thanks for the reply Felix, much as I feared. Hey Ho! I'll spend more next time!
cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…