Scanning a Signature

dregn 16:10 04 Apr 04

My wife wants to provide the secretary of an voluntary organisation which she belongs to with a scanned copy of her signature.
The sig. would be applied to documents generated in MS Word. She has asked me to provide the necessary file, but I am stumped.

How should I go about this ?

I am rather hazy about using my scanner for this.

Any advice much appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 16:13 04 Apr 04

Get her to sign a white page with black ink.

Scan it and save as a tif file (irfanview is a good program for this).

Cut / trim the part of it that you want and there you go.

dregn 17:13 04 Apr 04

Diodorus Siculus

Many thanks for that !

Problem solved.

Thanks again.

Boy Zone 19:38 04 Apr 04

Looking at this thread, was just what I wanted to do, problem being I wanted to do this for Emails and winfax. The proble I have is that a tiff file will be too large 500k. Can you do the same by using a note pad device?

spuds 19:44 04 Apr 04

irfanview download click here

Boy Zone- Best to start your own new posting, for a better response.

Djohn 19:45 04 Apr 04

I would think so. Also try scanning at a lower resolution. 75 DPI will be fine for e-mail. j.

Cesar 09:55 05 Apr 04

If you are using WinFax Pro you already have the facilities for a signature Read your win fax manual or go to help.

Chris the Ancient 10:39 05 Apr 04

I did the same thing with my signature, but converted it to a .gif file. It made the file quite a bit smaller (useful for e-mails) and seemed to remove any slight background shading.

It also made the signature slightly less resolved with slight aliasing - but I actually think that made for slightly better security in that it was obvious on *real* documents that it was only a reproduction signature. Thus if anyone was suspicious, they could double-check with me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…