Scanning question

numskull 16:55 14 Jan 05

When I scan documents and then print them I seem to get a pale grey box on the paper. I assume that it is because it is printing an image.
How do I get rid of this, if at all?

The grey area covers the whole part scanned.

pj123 17:11 14 Jan 05

Give us some more clues? What operating system are you using. What scanner are you using? What printer do you have? etc.....

mole44 17:16 14 Jan 05

try scnning them using the ocr optical charachter regognition settings on your scanner

€dstowe 17:17 14 Jan 05

There should be a selector for types of original in the scanner e.g newprint, photo, glossy magazine print, letter etc. The naming varies with the brand of scanner.

It seems that you are telling the scanner it is scanning a photograph when it is really scanning a black and white line (text) document.

Have a practice with different settings on the scanner.

numskull 17:23 14 Jan 05

Using XP Pro.
Scanner - Epson 1260 photo
Printer - Epson C900 Colour Laser

Settings are on black and white document.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:27 14 Jan 05

the scan is picking up the background colour of the paper (white but slightly darkenig it to grey).

You need to find the option in the scanner software to lighten the scanned area.

jolorna 17:48 14 Jan 05

if you are only scanning text then you want to set it to line art

jack 18:15 14 Jan 05

The sanner is picking up background colour.
Even 'White' paper has a 'colour' usually U/V flouescants to make the paper appear whiter.
As advised play with the image type settings
I do not know about this others will however
This is a colour laser is it not - some sort of 'pickup' problem on a drum somewhere?

numskull 20:15 14 Jan 05

I thought it must be picking up the background colour. I'll try playing with the settings.

numskull 18:51 28 Feb 05

I seemed to resolve this by increasin the exposure in the manual settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…