scanning probs

yvie 22:01 07 Sep 05

Hello there
I have xp. A visioneer 4400 scanner. All was well until last week when I restored the pc to factory settings and have just put the printer and scanner back on, and the scanner is causing everything I scan to be stripey. I have removed it and re installed it 3 times, have scanned many different things, have cleaned the glass, but still it all comes out stripey. Stripey pics.
Any ideas anyone please as Im losing the will to live now.
Many thanks
Yvie

scotty 22:26 07 Sep 05

Try downloading latest driver from click here

yvie 16:58 08 Sep 05

THanks, have tried but now the pc wont recognise the scanner. Ive deleted as much as I can think of to get a clean start and followed the site directions but whereas before I at least had a stripey scan now I cannot get it to install properly.

I must be doing something wrong, but Im following all the instructions to the letter.
Lot of hair pulling going on here now!

scotty 17:07 08 Sep 05

Can you try the scanner on another pc? This would confirm whether the problem is related to the scanner or the software.

yvie 13:59 09 Sep 05

Yes I will see if I can do that. Thanks.
Meantime, someone has said that I have to remove all the drivers etc from everywhere before trying to re install it. I followed the un-install directions but apparently some drivers etc could be left.
Please can you tell me how to make sure I have un-installed everything?

I have contacted the visioneer website and they say if its the bulb, its un-repairable (and its not that,) and to make sure all the drivers are deleted before re-installing, so any help with that would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Kenneth-266656 14:37 09 Sep 05

Have a look in system restore and see if you have a date prior to your altering the pc settings. If you have try a restore to that date

woodchip 14:47 09 Sep 05

I presume it's a USB, If so go into Device Manager and from bottom of USB item remove all USB then restart computer. I would Suggest you remove the Scanner before you do the above. then after you restart computer and it as reloaded all USB, put scanner CD in load software and drivers then plug scanner back in

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…