Scanning Problem with HP C4485

terrym 22:38 PM 22 Apr 13

When scanning to pc from the All-In-One printer scanner copier machine it throws up an error message 'try scan from computer or see documentation'. The HP Photosmart Essential interface has nothing on how to scan only printing and the handbook is useless only detailing how to scan from scanner. I don't use the machine much to scan mostly for printing which is fine but I think it may be time to ditch it and get better and a more user friendly kit. Any ideas on how I can get this animal to scan from the pc, do I need to update drivers etc? All advice would be welcome. Thank in advance

northumbria61 23:13 PM 22 Apr 13

Downloading the Manual might help enter link description here

northumbria61 23:15 PM 22 Apr 13

OR - from your Start menu go to Devices & Printers and OPEN from there. You should get an option to scan if your software is loaded correctly.

mart7 14:45 PM 23 Apr 13

Terry m

what os are you using? I have a hp allin one 4280 and had this problem where the scanning or copying app wouldnt work from the desktop reliably enough so i had to use the manual buttons on the printer,i had 32bit windows vista

After upgrading to windows 7,i downloaded the software and driver pack from the hp site and its worked perfect since,there was also an additional update for the scanner

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…