Scanning problem

mtall 19:08 28 Oct 03

I haven?t used my scanner for some weeks. Today when I wanted to use it, it wouldn?t scan. Instead I get the following error message. The instruction at ?0x05a9d8c1? referenced memory at ?0x00167000?. The memory could not be ?read?. Click OK to terminate the program.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times but have failed to get the results. Will I have to format my hard disk and start afresh?

System spec: OS Windows 2000 Prof. 512 Mb 2x hard disk 30 GB and 20Gb. Scanner: Epson Professional 1200PHOTO
Scanning software, Presto page manager
Can someone help? Please.

mtall

plankton 13:20 29 Oct 03

I assume youve got the TWAIN driver installed, you dont say which program you uninstalled and reinstalled.

By the way I'm no scanner expert, as I've got troubles with my own. It does work though, just on shut down I have to remember to unplug it!

When you reinstalled, did you turn your anti-virus software off (and back on again afterwards of course!)?

imarcus2 15:30 29 Oct 03

Don't have that kit myself [but do have Epson 2450 foto scanner], and have encountered similar uncertainty of scanner operations.

Put at its simplest :-

1. Didn't have problems on Win98.

2. Did have problems on Win2000

imarcus2 15:30 29 Oct 03

Don't have that kit myself [but do have Epson 2450 foto scanner], and have encountered similar uncertainty of scanner operations.

Put at its simplest :-

1. Didn't have problems on Win98.

2. Did have problems on Win2000

imarcus2 15:36 29 Oct 03

[finger trouble -- attempted to use forward key, and it jumped into send response mode!]

was going to add :-

3. Don't have problems on WinXP.

It seems that W2000 is only marginally compatible with twain5.4, and that sanity was restored with WXP. WXP also has the added advantage of being easier when dealing with large numbers of foto/scanned images anyway.

mtall 20:11 29 Oct 03

Thank you all guys. I don't know I did it but finally I got it going. 1st I downloaded Twain5 the newest driver to the one I was using and installed it. It didn't work. Using a third party software, I uninstalled everything to do with Epson. Uninstalled Epson Perfection from system proprty. Finally restarted the system and reinstalled the scanner using the old driver Twain4. Voila!! all come to life again. Thank you for all your response and advise.

mtall

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…