Scanning into Photoshop CC on 64 bit PC

GPa 15:31 29 Oct 14

it appears that Adobe have made no provision for scanning into PS CC on a 64 bit PC. does anyone know how this can be done??

hssutton 17:35 29 Oct 14

Download the 32 bit version of Photoshop CC.

Photoshop CC 32bit

john bunyan 18:44 29 Oct 14

I only have CS5. I prefer the TWAIN interface to the generic WIA one. CS5 installed in both 32 and 64 bit versions. There is a TWAIN plug in for the 32 bit one. I therefore scan with the 32 bit version. However, if you use the "file,automate, batch" command in 32 bit , it crashes. Annoyingly therefore I use the 32 bit for scanning and the 64 bit for batch processing. Maybe the CC version is similar? Having kept up to date with the various CS versions , I baled out when I could not get the disc version of the CS6 update, and will not pay a Cloud subscription. I regret Adobe's policy on this, but I am only an enthusiastic amateur and if my CS5 packs up I will switch to Elements or Lightroom.

hssutton 21:14 29 Oct 14

John Adobe 'Creative Cloud' only download the relevent version for your operating system, so if you are running 64 bit then that is what downloads. However you can then download the 32 bit version if required.

Quote from Adobe "In order to optimize download and install time, we no longer package both the 64-bit and 32bit version in the same installer."

john bunyan 09:30 30 Oct 14

hssutton

Thanks for that. I still like TWAIN and Adobe's decision to abandon disc based products means that in time, folk like me will cease using their great products. I will carry on with CS5 for now, and may have to change if , for example, I buy a new Windows 10 PC in due course.

hssutton 11:03 30 Oct 14

I guess that makes two of us John, however for people starting from scratch i.e have never spent hugh amounts of money on Photoshop, CC is probably the way to go. At under £9 a week for both CS6 and Lightroom, it's quite a bargain

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now