Scanning photos using HP Photosmart

Guady 09:21 15 Mar 15

I hope someone can help me with this problem. A few weeks ago I started to scan in all my "hard copy" photos and it was no problem. The photos appeared in the Preview Pane just as they actually are. Yesterday I started to do some more and, this time, the scans appear in the Preview as if they are on a large piece of paper and I have to re-size each one! This is quite laborious and I can't understand why this is now happening when it didn't before.

So - does anyone have any advice for me, please - as to how I can scan in the photos individually and they will appear at their full original size and not as if I'm scanning a photo which has been printed on a piece of A4 paper.

Many thanks in advance.

Secret-Squirrel 10:28 15 Mar 15

Have a look through the HP's scan options and there should be a setting to automatically detect & crop what's been placed on the scanning area. It may be called "auto-crop" or "scan the entire scanning area" etc. If it's the latter then it obviously needs to be unticked.

Guady 11:07 15 Mar 15

Thanks for trying to help me.

However, I've had a look at the Scan Options but unfortunately I can't see anything that sounds like the settings you mention. It makes no difference whether I choose - Single Picture, Multiple Pictures, etc. I still have to re-size each individual picture.

This is annoying enough, but even more so when I had no problems with it just a few weeks ago.!

Secret-Squirrel 12:22 15 Mar 15

Are you scanning via the control panel on the front of the printer or via your PC using the HP program? If it's the latter then there should be setting for it there - perhaps under "Advanced Options" or similar. Sorry that I can't be more specific. It's unlikely that the user manual for your printer/scanner will have that information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac