scanning old format slides

little roland 05:50 11 May 06

I need to convert approximately 300 old format (2 3/4" square)slides to digital.Cannot seem to locate any information on what slide scanner will do the job.Would like a unit that can convert 35mm slides as well.

namtas 06:24 11 May 06

Have you looked at the Epson 3490 photo?

€dstowe 06:29 11 May 06

If you want anything like good quality in the final product you need something like click here

In view of the price, you might be best taking your pictures to a print shop or gaphics studio and get them to either do it themselves or point you to someone who can.

stlucia 08:37 11 May 06

I use an Epson Perfection flatbed scanner with optional slide apapter. It has carriers for various sizes of film and slides, and the software caters for negative and positive film. I can scan at resolutions up to 2400x2400dpi (I normally use 1200x1200 for 35mm slides) which is good enough for 6x4 prints and for display on a TV screen.

Check out click here

rmcqua 08:49 11 May 06

There is absolutely no need to spend huge amounts on a "super scanner". I have done this task with a middle-top end Epson Perfection with slide adapter(less than £100) with great results. The images are fine up to A4 size.

Bren.ie 14:05 12 May 06

One other option is to use a digital camera with slide attahcment. I have found this company very useful click here.

In view of the number of slides you wish to copy I think using a scanner would be very cumbersome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…