scanning Negatives

Nightryder 15:32 23 Sep 03

Im looking to buy a scanner but need to know if you can scan negatives that are still in a film roll, nowadays when you put in a film for developing you dont get back flat negatives in a strip. does anyone know?? & any ideas on which is a good scanner there are so many to chose from .

stlucia 15:43 23 Sep 03

I can't help you with any comparisons. But I've got an Epson flatbed scanner (model 1250, I think) and a film adapter. The adapter takes negatives in strips, with the software automatically converting them to positive. I'm quite happy with it, but others in this forum will advise you to go for a dedicated film scanner if you're doing any serious amount of scanning.

I suppose you're talking about APS film, which is returned to you still in its canister. If you speak to a friendly photographer he should be able to show you how to get it out of its canister and wind it back. Presuming you are able to do that, you would be able to scan it using my Epson or, probably, with any other scanner which is set up for negatives.

woodchip 15:44 23 Sep 03

You can buy a dedicated Film Scanner click here But in Makro at Sheffield There was one way cheaper than the above.

woodchip 15:48 23 Sep 03

Also type this in the search field "ScanMaker FilmScan 35 Scanner" at click here If this does not take you to the correct page

Noels 15:55 23 Sep 03

Pacific Image PF 3600 Pro

I bought this slide scanner from Jessops about 2 yrs ago and have been very pleased with it. Sorry but can't remember how much it cost but it takes both mounted film and film strip. Go into Google and have a look at the specifications

Regards Noels

pj123 16:02 23 Sep 03

I bought a film and slide scanner from Dream Direct. It was on offer at £149 when I bought it but it is now back to its orignal price of £179. It is good and will take roll film. It is manual advance though, that is, scan a neg and then manually move the film to the next neg. Take a look at click here and enter sa8000 into their search engine. You won't be disappointed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…