Scanning documents for typing?

tippucat 15:12 02 Mar 03

Hi all. I have installed a scanner and would like to be able to scan in a document and then be able to 'overtype' it i.e., fill in the blanks. I have looked through the instuctions and cannot identify how to complete this. Dosn't even say whether I can or not. I am using Windows XP.Thanks for your help.

Djohn 15:22 02 Mar 03

If you use the OCR program, such as pagemaster or similar, then you can scan and save to your H/drive. once there you can adjust/alter/edit, in any way you wish.

Audeal 15:28 02 Mar 03

Read this thread: click here

'oppy 15:32 02 Mar 03

tippucat, you should have some software on a disc with OCR (optical character recognition) when you got your scanner. This recognises the printed document, and allows you to edit the same, make sure you have installed it with your scanner instalation disc, have a look at the scanner documentation.

Pesala 16:02 02 Mar 03

What is needed here is not OCR. Much too slow.

Just insert the image as a full page graphic, turn off text wrap, and type on top of it, setting tabs and line-spacing to suit.

You can also do this in a Photo editing program if you want a pucker result. I filled an application form like this in Corel Photopaint. Not difficult at all, but remember to save the blank form first before you start filling it in, and save the filled one with a new filename.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…