scanners and printers xp

charlie12 11:34 03 Nov 03

with windows me i could copy from scanner to printer direct. after upgrading to xp i am now finding have to scan to my pictures/my documents before printing.i have downloaded drivers from hp but this hasnt solved the problem any suggestions or am i asking for to much!

david.h 17:47 03 Nov 03

I have a different make scanner [microtek v6usl] when I upgraded to xp from 98 to xp no problems I can scan direct to printer/ fax/ email or to software on the computer. HP should be able to do the same as they are good scanners have you the latest XP driver?

BarryKeith 18:36 03 Nov 03

It's the scanner driver that drives the direct copy facility, so you need to update that, rather than the printer driver

charlie12 19:12 03 Nov 03

thanks barry keith,david h, did download updated driver from hp i just hope it is something i have overlooked in setup maybe

woodchip 19:24 03 Nov 03

It's not drivers that do the work, it is extra software that is loaded with the scanner, that does the above.

charlie12 11:18 06 Nov 03

dear all solved problem. bought new scanner!many thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…