Scanners - not sure if I am posting in correct forum??

pcdimwit 00:11 AM 29 Feb 12

I want to get a scanner (not a printer/scanner) to scan my old photos and negatives to my computer/external drive. I have NO IDEA what model to get for a reasonable price, the Epson perfection range looks pretty good on ebay, but some of them run into £2 - £400, which is way way above my budget, what would you recommend for normal 10 x 15 roll film photos and scanning 35mm negative strips? thnaks PCDIMWIT

northumbria61 07:50 AM 29 Feb 12

Duplicate Post enter link description here See this one.

northumbria61 07:50 AM 29 Feb 12

Duplicate Post enter link description here See this one.

Ex plorer 10:21 AM 29 Feb 12

Do some research on this model. (Canon CanoScan 5600F Scanner USB2.0 Film and Slide scanner). I use an older model for prints 5200F and its very good and is equipped for slides and neg strips. scanner 5600F

Look on Amazon shop around if it s what you are looking for. Not suitable for Windows 7. From what read as there is an issue with drivers.

pcdimwit 10:48 AM 29 Feb 12

thanks, I'll look into that model, I dont want to spend a fortune as once I have scanned all the old fotos and negs it will hardly ever be used again. PCDIMWIT

Ian in Northampton 15:29 PM 29 Feb 12

I had good success with an HP scanner - sorry, I forget the model number - with 35mm slides and negatives. It gave me significantly superior results to a so-called purpose-built slide scanner, and cost well under £100. Like you, I just needed it for a one-off project, and then sold it on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know