Gary 19:37 07 Jun 03

I have had an EPSON Perfection 1240U scanner for 2 years. Recently, the glass document broke free from the top of the scanner and fell inside the unit. Upon examination, I'm not one bit surprised that it fell inwards - because all that was holding it in is double sided tape on three sides and three thin plastic pegs about half an inch wide at the other! What has happened is that the plastic pegs have snapped off, and having broken free at that side the glass has pulled away from the double sided tape.

Consequently, I need to buy a new scanner. I have been looking again at the EPSON range, but need to find out how the glass is held in to their (and other manufacturer's) current models. (my first scanner had a metal frame under the edges of the glass to support it properly). I have searched extensively on the web to find this information but have been unable to locate it. Does anyone have a current model EPSON scanner and know what is holding the glass in?
(Apologies - this seems like a strange question, I know, but I don't want to buy another scanner with such poor build quality).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…