Scanner will not talk to computer

timothywilliam 20:24 05 Jan 09

I have an Epson 610 scanner. After eight years of perfect use I changed my computer and it came with Microsoft XP Pro wheras before I had Microsoft XP Home. Whilst I can scan items from my Serif programmes, if I go to my original Micro Office prog which was taken across onto the new computer the Scan and Imaging command brings up Scanner can not utilize. Check your scanner software and ensure it is plugged in. The scanner works in Serif PhotoPlus so I know it 'works'. The light comes on if I press the start button but it still won't scan in Office 2003. I have downloaded a driver from Epson but that stopped the scanner from working even in Serif so I had to do a System Restore rather rapidly. I do not know really whether the fault lies with the scanner of Micr. Office. Any ideas please ? What i really miss is the OCR in Microsoft Scan.

wiz-king 20:51 05 Jan 09

My version of Office 2003 does not have a scanner option. Did you have a separate OCR program with the scanner? My scanner came with ScanWizard 5.

Sea Urchin 22:23 05 Jan 09

Have you tried using the Scanner and Camera Wizard found under Start/All Programs/Accessories?

timothywilliam 17:14 06 Jan 09

Hello wiz-king and sea urchin. I have tried to use the Scanner and Camera option and it DOES work. Its a bit of a work around but no matter I can get to the OCR eventually.
wiz-king, My Office 2003 does have the Scan option but it doesn't work, that is what has fooled me. I do not have a separate OCR programme with the scanner but I am going to pop the disc in and check it. Thank you both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…