scanner wanted

46tiger 19:43 07 Sep 06

i need to buy a scanner and don`t know what type or size to buy. i have about 500 foto`s and i need to tranfer them to disc,( dvd/cd-r)can anybody offer me some advice,PLEASE,

bluto1 19:54 07 Sep 06

Have a look in your nearest PC World. They have a reasonable selection at reasonable cost,
For example, some months ago I bought a Xerox one-touch colour scanner and as a stand alone scanner its great. It cost well under £40.00,and its easy to use

46tiger 20:00 07 Sep 06

thanks for the advice i will pop into pc world this weekend, to see if there is any in stock.

terryf 20:30 07 Sep 06

Or do a google and see what comes up from uk sites such as novatech, misco et al

46tiger 17:16 09 Sep 06

i got the scanner, current price £34.99, not bad,
a bit long winded,i got 500 foto to transfer to
disc,that this rate i may be doing it till x`mas.
will it be quicker to foto it on my digital camera,and transfer it to disc,look forward to
your reply.

jakimo 17:22 09 Sep 06
  46tiger 17:29 09 Sep 06

nice one mate,thanks for your help

46tiger 17:30 09 Sep 06

nice one mate,thanks for your help

bluto1 20:04 09 Sep 06

I`m not sure what you mean by "foto it on my camera,etc".
If you`ve got 500+ photos already, colour or B/W, sort them out into acceptable groups, download Picasso 2 and feed them into it, naming the `album` you want them to go into, and this is the rub, until you`ve finished. I did that and I`ve got an ordered filing system for my photos, of which there are about 3500. It is definitely worth it. Now, once you`ve got them loaded, (sometime next week) copy them all to a disc, i.e Back up. Give me another yell here or by yellow envelope if you wish and I`ll try to give more help if needed. Cheers

cowboy62 11:05 10 Sep 06

if u got the digital camera cant u connect the camera to the pc and transfere then to the system or maybe you can take the memory card out and put the straight from the memory card to ur system u will need a card reader to do this of course

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…