Scanner & Standby

KAI 15:45 20 Oct 05

Hi, I have a small problem with my Canon Scanner, When using Standby and then coming out of Standby the scanner then stops responding, I'll try to use it but I get a note saying unable to communicate with scanner, I have to reboot which is defeating the object of using standby, also when I have used stanby and switch my computer off the scanner lamp is still illuminated after some hrs, I have to switch off at the mains. All other times its ok.
I contacted Canon asking if their was any known problem and if so is their a download i can use to rectify it.
They sent back an E Mail saying download the latest driver, which I'd allready tried and if that didnt work, try to avoid using standby.
when I get the problem all I have to is reboot and its ok but was wondering if anybody had a answer to my problem, a tweak or setting I could alter .

I run XP Home SP2
Canon 3200F scanner
Canon Pixma IP2000 Printer
All latest updates
Norton antivirus
Microsoft Anti Spy

retep888 16:01 20 Oct 05

I have a similar problem with my Canon scanner, it 'll lose the connection from time to time, I gave up eventually trying to sort it out but learn to live with it.

But I don't need to reboot the PC, just unplug the USB cable at the back of the scanner and then plug it back in, it'll do the trick.

Fingers crossed, this problem seems to be going away as the time goes by.

Stuartli 16:15 20 Oct 05

Have you tried Hibernate rather than Standby?

Hibernate retains all the settings at the time of going into Hibernation and resumes at the same point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…