Scanner software - 'Unhandled Exception'

Iskander 17:42 04 Jun 04

After wiping clean my hard drives and starting again following virus attacks I'm trying to re-install my scanner software (it's an Epson Perfection 1250).However, when my PC tries to install the EPSON TWAIN Rev.5.5a software a window comes up labelled 'Unhandled Exception', with the following wording:-

'Error No: 0x80040707
Description: D11 function call crashed:escanex. Remove INF.
Setup will now terminate.'

When I click on 'OK' the rest of the installation goes ahead, but the scanner is not recognised because EPSON TWAIN has not loaded.
I haven't gone to Epson with this query yet, because it seems to be a problem with my PC. Does anyone know how can I find out what Error No: 0x80040707 is, and how to rectify it?

Iskander

rawprawn 17:49 04 Jun 04

Have a look here click here

Iskander 18:21 04 Jun 04

Thanks for this, rawprawn, but the description is different in my case. However, you did prompt me to Google my exception - without much luck, unfortunately. I'll try Epson's on-line advice service when they open on Monday.
Thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…