Scanner Software

wotan 21:22 06 Mar 03

I have upgraded my operating system to WIN XP Home,but now find I cannot use my flatbed USB scanner. Following earlier advice from the helproom I was able to locate a new driver for my printer, but when I tried to find one for the scanner I ran into a problem, I cannot identify the make. The name on the casing is 'Tiny' but this is obviously not the manufacturers name. I have looked all over the scanner and all I can find is a series of codes on the base, these being

VoG™ 21:24 06 Mar 03

Oh, go on give us a clue!

wotan 23:00 06 Mar 03

Sorry V0G, I am doing this on the works computer and people keep interupting me,which is why the original message was incomplete. I have marked it resolved and sent a full version which you can give your undivided attention to now.
Regards, Wotan

Ramshackle 00:35 07 Mar 03

Had exactly the same problem,
its probably Visioneer or Primax.
Go to click here
Hope this is of some use I found the driver for my old Tiny scanner there,best of luck
I think this is the site VoG™ suggested

wotan 20:34 07 Mar 03

Ramshackle, thanks for the input, I will check out both makers, but I am flying blind on this, as I have no way to identify the manufacturer other than the following codes on the base.
S/No 928A 0 0 0 639DI.

I have been told there is a site on the web which is set up by the U.S. Dept. of Trade and which can identify imported products by their codes, but I have been unable to find it.
Thanks for the help anyway, I will keep plugging away until I find the info. required or buy a new scanner.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…