Scanner software

Kernow999 18:22 22 Jan 04

Can anyone please recommend a good downloadable free bit of software for scanning items?
Thanks

Dazwm 18:47 22 Jan 04
  Pesala 21:18 22 Jan 04

Or perhaps scanning for viruses as the above link seems to be about that kind of scanning.

With your scanner you should have a basic TWAIN driver. Nearly all graphics software will enable you to scan graphics directly into the program. Word-processors and DTP programs usually do too.

Try Irvan view click here. Learn more about it here: click here

What do you want to do with the graphics? Do you need to scan documents and convert them to text?

Kernow999 00:18 24 Jan 04

I use it for scanning documents and photos but they always never appear to come out as well as the original. White objects scanned/copied always have a blue tinge to them afterwards.

Chegs ® 01:02 24 Jan 04

I often get this whenever the item being scanned is white and glossy(photo/plastic covered)I never did sort out howto reduce it on photos without ruining the pic,but plastic covered often putting a plain white piece of paper behind the object cured it.

Wak 10:21 24 Jan 04

If you go in to the properties of some scanner programs (and Graphic programs), you will find that you can alter the Gamma value which is often set at 1.0 as default.
By increasing this value to approx 2.0 (bit of trial and error here) you can lighten the picture and make the background white instead of bluish.
This is also one way in which I have balanced the scanner output with the monitor and printer.
If it doesn't work then simply reverse the value back to the original figure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…