Scanner Software

I have a Diamond 1200 plus USB flatbed scanner and due to moving house have lost my software cd which came with it. Of course I didn`t realise this till after a full reinstall :-(

The Packard Bell site doesnt seem to provide this software as a download.

Is it worth my while chasing Packard Bell for a copy of this of is there a better software package I would be better using?

Thanks for any advice.

bremner 14:56 27 Sep 03

You don't say what the software was?

Pesala 14:59 27 Sep 03

If all you need is basic scanning functions, and I presume you have the scanner driver, then that is all you really need. If you use Photoshop, Word, or other major applications, you can scan into them as long as you have the TWAIN driver for the scanner. Irfan View will also accept scanned images.

If you need OCR, then you will need to look for a magazine cover disk version of Omni Page Pro or similar.

Good point.

I cant remember, I hadn`t used it a great deal but now find myself needing the scanner and need something that will "scan to printer/file/ect ect".

I can still use the scanner but only through other software.

cheers Pesala

As I said above I can use the scanner through my photo programme. I was just after something "lighter" that I could use to do the smaller jobs quickly. (does that make any sense???).

Pesala 16:12 27 Sep 03

They don't come much ‘lighter’ than that. The main installation file is just 817 Kbytes. The entire program directory with all the plug-ins is about 7 Mbytes.

You will be able to scan images with whatever settings are supported by the TWAIN driver, then use Irfan View to crop, resize, rotate, convert, etc.

However, if you want to do any retouching, you will need to open your photo-program. I have Corel Photopaint, but I rarely use it. At least 90% of the things I need to do with graphics can be done well in Irfan View. click here to see what it can do.

Belatucadrus 16:45 27 Sep 03

click here for Quick copy 2 printer. 336kb of freeware.

Excellent Belatucadrus, thats just the sort of thing I was after, will give it a go when I get away from work tonight.

Belatucadrus 16:56 27 Sep 03

click here ScanAssist 1.2

You are on a roll now Belatucadrus.

2 new toys to fiddle with when I get home - thanks :-)

Belatucadrus 19:21 27 Sep 03

click here make that three

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…