scanner probs in office xp

lee lloyd 19:47 13 May 03

I'm having problems getting my scanner to work in office xp,i've downloaded the latest drivers but am unable to get microsoft office scanning to recognise that my scanner is installed.it's a usb scanner & is shown to be installed in scanners & cameras in control panel.
can anyone give any advice!

misery 20:22 13 May 03

your O.S?

wee eddie 20:26 13 May 03

What OS, after all it is not necessarily XP. I run Office XP on W'98?

What Scanner, with what software installed?

wee eddie 18:34 14 May 03

I've posted your set-up here so that all the peeps can see. It may nudge someones memory and will also have the effect of "bumping" your post back to the top, and be current once again.

This is what Lee is running.

xp home & mustek 1200 usb scanner.

First Question.

Did Mustek not give you any software? Have you tried to operate using this?

jimv7 18:49 14 May 03

Try installing the win 2000 drivers for it.

misery 20:01 14 May 03

are using Win98 o/s there is no way it will run a USB scanner. Win 98 second edition is able to run USB 1. WinXP will also run USB1 and WinXP SP1 will cope with USB2. But I've no idea if OfficeXP carries drivers for USB but, I have doubts.

jospar 21:52 14 May 03

you are wrong, I was running a usb all-in-one on a p2 233hrz with win98 and officexp loaded no problems, I have now up graded to p4 2ghrz and Xp os, this I am running usb2's on, I haven't installed the sp1 patch yet and have no problems.

There is a issue with usb in win98 earlier versions, details on how to sort this is on the microsoft site, can't remember weather it is in the win 98 solution sections but it is there somewhere. so I would check the site out.

It is possiable, when I use office word, to collect from the scaner, I was using twain, there ahould be somewhere of telling office were to get this info and set it up, but I can't remember how, but try Microsoft because I'm sure that when I done it I used the site for the solution, If I remember how I did it I will post back.

wee eddie 22:10 14 May 03

You should be able to use Windows XP to operate your scanner (Not Office XP).

The Kestrel 22:26 14 May 03

Like lee lloyd, I am having problems with my computer (Athlon 1800XP processor and XP Home SP1 Edition OS) running my scanner (Umax Astra 2000U).

When I try to use my scanner, despite down loading latest drivers from Umax, the computer fails to recognise the scanner. The computer shows scanner drivers installed. The only way I am able to get the scanner to work is to uninstall and then reinstall the drivers each time, and then the scanner works perfectly until I come to use the scanner again at a later date.

Any help to solve this problem would be very much appreciated.

jospar 23:16 14 May 03

I've just done a quick search of microsoft site for usb in win98, it came up with a interesting article no. 240075 that said there was a problem with amd processor and via chip, it gives down loads and links to knowledge base to sort the matter.

when I installed XP I had just built the system, the usb2 drivers were contained in mobo cd, so it might be worth finding out your mobo snd paying a visit to see if they got any downloads.

Does the scaner work with other applications, if not it might be worth checking power supply, as my all-in-one wouldn't load because of a doggy plug, which caused loss of power, but wasn't enough to effect the workings of the printer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…