SCANNER . PROBLEMS

auto 20:48 20 Jun 03

HI.
HAVING PROBLEMS WITH SCANNER. AGFA SPAPSCANe20.
ALL SOFTWARE LOADED,TRY TO SCAN WINDOW OPENS.
TURN SCAN ON OR CONNECT. WHICH IT IS .
HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE BUT CANT REMEMBER HOW
I GOT ROUND IT
ANY HELP PLEASE?

billy 20:58 20 Jun 03

You could go to My Computer click on device maanger and delte the scanner. Go tio Add/Dellete programs and delte software. Then reboot and it should redete3ct scanner and reload teh software

auto 13:31 21 Jun 03

That did'nt work, any more tips?

woodchip 14:31 21 Jun 03

Is it a USB scanner

Agent Smith 15:23 21 Jun 03

Check all your cables, make sure power is on and getting to scanner. I know it sound crazy but just sometimes we forget the basics. Last week I had a similar problem. Scanner not working, unplug from usb hub and plug into rear of PC aok, plug back into hub not working. I called the hub a worthless pile of.............. then realised I had the hub lead plugged into the hub. Both ends that is. No connection to USB port on PC......doh.

auto 15:36 21 Jun 03

Yes, It's USB. All power is on. Cables are all OK.

bremner 15:41 21 Jun 03

What o/s are you using?

auto 15:44 21 Jun 03

98 se

bremner 17:10 21 Jun 03

You say this problem has happened before was that with this machine. I ask as there are known problems with AMD processors, Via chipsets and USB in Win 98SE. Do you have either of these?

LAP 19:14 21 Jun 03

auto, when you tried billy's suggestion. Did you remove the USB cable from the computer?
If not remove it, then uninstall your scanner. Then shut down. So your computer forgets all trace of your scanner.
Then reinstall your scanner as if new.
It's worth a try..Lap..

auto 19:36 21 Jun 03

LAP:
Yes, Did remove USB cable, Made no difference.

Bremmer:
Yes, It was this Machine, It's an AMD processor.
And yes, we have those.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…