Scanner Problems

damnthispc 03:01 15 Sep 06

I have a HP scanjet 2100c running on an XP sp2 machine. recently I had to replace the hard drive but since reinstalling all the software I can't get the software to recognise the scanner. I can live with this as I can scan images using the interface in paint shop pro 10.3 without any problems, so it isn't a communication problem. It's only when I try to OCR a document that I come up against the message telling me the scanner is not connected. HP's FAQ doesn't give me the answer and the lack of e-mail support is annoying, they only offer premium line phone support.
Any one else come up against this or similar.

STREETWORK 05:51 15 Sep 06

This sort of problem is usually linked to the driver. See if HP has a more recent driver and install it. Make sure you uninstall any previous versions.

When you are ready to install it, unplug the scanner from the PC. Install the driver. Switch off the PC. Connect the scanner. Start up the PC. Windows will detect the scanner and load the drivers.

Also

Within your OCR software make sure that you have the scanner selected, usually in the Tools Menu...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now