Scanner problem

misters 19:59 22 Jan 03
  misters 19:59 22 Jan 03

Hi i recently aquired a new scanner and installed it with the correct drvers and checked all the cables, done everything i could possabily could.

Now the problem, it wont scan, it just freezes when i try to scan anything, after i press cyrl-alt-del it says "not responding". Is there maybe something i should be trying, or is the blooming thing buggered.

Scanner=Mustek 1200cp+. My os is win/98.

Djohn 20:05 22 Jan 03

How is it connected USB or parallel,and if the latter is it through your printer?

misters 20:31 22 Jan 03

Yes its parallel and yes through my printer which is not connected as printer was playing up before i installed the scanner, could this be the problem?

BrianW 20:35 22 Jan 03

Try installing the scanner without the printer ie: direct into the parallel port. The combination of printer and scanner on a single port can be very finicky and if your printer isn't behaving this could be the problem. The other thing to check is that the parallel port is configured correctly for the scanner - check in the manual for this and compare with the setting that you have in BIOS.

misters 20:44 22 Jan 03

Tried as you said, everthing is ok, but still wont scan.

polymath 20:53 22 Jan 03

Is your parallel lead, from scanner or printer, really, really firmly connected to the computer? They seem to need to be nowadays.

Djohn 21:06 22 Jan 03

Is the problem with the printer similar? If so it could be due to corrupted printer driver, and will need to be un-installed, re-boot and install again.

STREETWORK 21:21 22 Jan 03

Is the scanner communicating with the PC with a bi-directional cable. If so try going into the system bios and changing the settings from epp to ecp or ecp to epp. This will solve some scanner problems, also check that bi-directional printing is enabled in the bios. I had this problem with a HP scanner and epsom printer once and it did the job.

Also check you have not got 2 twain drivers installed, possible from another scanner.

misters 21:25 22 Jan 03

Cheers I will try those suggestions tommorrow morning and let you all know how i got on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…