Scanner problem

Sapins 13:20 13 Nov 03

Hi All,

Sod's law has struck!

I have just this week bought a two port usb 1.0 card so that I can plug in my scanner and a broadband modem to the computer and not use a usb hub, would you believe it my scanner has packed up two months out of warranty. The Epson recommended repairer in the UK will charge £28 for a main board, £30 for labour and another £30 to post it back to france + my postage to the UK. No contest, buy another scanner.

Now that I will probably be buying a new scanner I will go for a usb 2.0 model, but, before I do that can anyone tell me if I can replace the scanners main board myself or should I just throw it away? It really pains me to just chuck something in the bin, especially when it looks so new!!

Any help greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Sapins.

Sapins 14:11 13 Nov 03

BBW 14:13 13 Nov 03

Hi Sapins, Where would you get a new board?

Proxy Worm 15:46 13 Nov 03

I doubt you could as mine (i tore apart) would need soldering and special tools, and as BBW said where would you get the board as Epson wikll not give to customers like that!I recommend you to buy a new scanner!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…