scanner / printer memory problem

Windsoar 22:21 19 Jan 03
  Windsoar 22:21 19 Jan 03

I've been trying to help a friend who had loads of problems with her computer after the kids had loaded lots of programmes from cereal packets and other places and changed all the settings. I'm no techie, but I've managed to fix a lot of the problems but am still having difficulties with a printer / scanner problem. Its an Epson perfection scanner and an HP930C printer. When you scan a page into Word (the image is about 2.4mb) you cannot print the page. It throws up an error message saying that there is insufficient printer memory. You can print other Word documents which are smaller files. She has 128mb memory and only about 72% resource usage. I've tried scanning into other programmes with no more success. I'm also experiecing difficulty with other parts of the scanner software - the straightforward "copy" facility produces an incomplete dialogue box (black background and not all the elements there). I've found a few other instances of the same incomplete boxes so I wonder whether there is a driver problem. Other technical details - it's a mid-range Watford Aries system, about 18 months old.

AMD 4 ever 23:04 19 Jan 03

Windsoar,in all honesty it could prob do with a good clean out includin the registry.
I would try removing the software and drivers etc for the scanner and re-install them. Give that a go.

Windsoar 20:56 20 Jan 03

tried re-installing the scanner software - didn't work. How do you clean out the registry?

Wak 21:41 20 Jan 03

You could also try this:-
Go to Start/ Settings/ Printers/ double click your printer, Click Printer tab/ Properties/ Details, Click Spool Settings.
Enable Spool Print Jobs etc...
Enable Start printing after 1st page spooled
Enable Bi-directional support.

OK on to EXIT.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…