scanner not working

puppygirl 15:31 12 Sep 04

Please help with my scanner its a canoscan Lide 20 and i have windows xp. the problem is when i go to scan something it is coming up CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH SCANNER, CHECK STATUS, SCANNER DRIVER WILL BE CLOSED. THEN UNABLE TO OPEN TWAIN SOURCE CHECK CONNECTION. Any ideas because i have tried all i no which i might say isnt much.not really good at pcs but i know a bit so go easy on me

spuds 15:37 12 Sep 04

Remove the scanner from your system, then re-install as per instructions supplied. Check to see if there are any later version drivers/software.

Cuddles 15:38 12 Sep 04

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling scanner?

stalion 15:38 12 Sep 04

try removing it all together and re-installing.
go to control panel,system,hardware,device manager,select your scanner and remove it.
Then re-install your scanner

puppygirl 15:58 12 Sep 04

if i unistall it would it be hard to to install it again as i only got it working again last week because i dont know what happened but i lost everthing on my pc a couple of weeks ago and had to start restoring everything and the printer and scanner was the hardest yet as i have no disc for them how i got them working is i have cant really tell you but i did

spuds 16:59 12 Sep 04

puppygirl - Go to the canon website support/help for driver-software [if you have no disc]and download from there.

You haven't stated your operating system, doe's this confirm that you have a printer connected!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now