Scanner not recognised

Meshuga 19:45 03 Feb 04

I have just bought a Lexmark X1130 combined printer/scanner and it installed without problems
and is working ok. It scans & then prints ok.
The only problem I have that when I boot up I
get a message that the scanner is not found.
It shows in Add&Remove and in Scanners & cameras.
Can anyone explain how this can be and what can I do to get it recognised or should I leave well alone since it is working ok. My OS is XP home.
Meshuga.

Chegs ® 20:00 03 Feb 04

Might have something to do with WIA(its a Service)Windows Image Aquisition,Start/Settings/Admin Tools/Services,Right Click the WIA and select properties,set it to Manual.It should stop XP looking for the scanner at startup,but still accept the scanners requests to work.

Meshuga 20:07 03 Feb 04

Thanks Chegs but how do I find Settings. I have noticed since installing XP Home that the settings tab is not there. Meshuga.

Chegs ® 20:14 03 Feb 04

So,you click the green "start" button and you have no "settings > " in the list.If you aren't using the "customised" desktop,then its the "Control Panel" you need access to.

Meshuga 20:25 03 Feb 04

Sorry to appear a bit dim Chegs but you`ve puzzled me with a "Green start button" The only start button I have is the standard one at bottom left of window and thats black. However I can access control panel but what do I click from then on. Regards, Meshuga.

Meshuga 20:40 03 Feb 04

Hi Chegs, since my last response the penny suddenly dropped and I realised what you meant
and I will do it tomorrow as it`s on another PC
elsewhere. Many thanks for bearing with me, put it down to age (86) next week. It`s not only PCs that run short on memory. Regards, Meshuga.

Meshuga 22:15 03 Feb 04

Hi Chegs,have now done as you suggested but it`s made no difference. Thanks for your response Regards,meshuga.

Chegs ® 01:07 04 Feb 04

I have had lots of trouble with my scanner in XP(especially since I changed from 98se and FAT32 to XP and NTFS filesystems)I presently have to run with WIA set to "Disabled" until I wish to use it,as XP switches it on,but not off,or I unplug it's USB.If the OS knows the scanners there(WIA)at shutdown,then when your pc is off,the scanner goes off to,when you reboot,the pc is up first,so looks for a scanner,which is still "sleeping" so you get the message.If you try unpluging the scanner,shutdown pc next,then reboot pc again and if you get the message "scanner not found" then its not this.If you do,then either disable WIA in Services until you need the scanner,or unplug its lead before shutting down pc,or....accept it as an idiosyncrasy of your pc....lol.

Stuartli 09:34 04 Feb 04

Have you tried the Lexmark support page for your X1130?

click here=&

Stuartli 09:37 04 Feb 04

Try running XP's Start menu in Classic form.

Meshuga 19:03 04 Feb 04

Many thanks to all who replied.I have tried lexmark support page without success and have now used their email support and am waiting for a reply. Will post their reply. Regards, Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…