scanner not found problem

spider9 20:28 07 Oct 03

Ihave a Visioneer scanner, but have not used it for a while. Today I re-installed Scansoft from my disk, and all went normally till the end when it said .."now connect the scanner lead and when the scanner is found, press 'Finish' ".
Unfortunately the scanner was not found (yes it is plugged in and lit-up!). I have tried re-installing but always the same. I have had 2 error messages, one said "USB for windows not initialized" and the other "Check that LPT port (SPP/EPP) is enabled". The USB port I am using works perfectly well with my digital camera downloads.
Any ideas what is wrong?
Yesterday I finally completed a torturous removal of Norton 2003 and hope that something there is not causing this!

david.h 20:37 07 Oct 03

try and unplug the power lead from the rear of the scanner wait 5 seconds then reconnect, it should then work ok. i get this problem with my microtek when xp cannot find the scanner, happens ever few months

spider9 20:55 07 Oct 03

Sorry, David.h, that didn't work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…