scanner-mark under glass

Newuser1149 00:00 02 May 04

I have a Canon 5000F scanner and have recently discovered something visible under the glass, which looks like either a piece of plastic or paper which is stuck to the glass. Do you know of any way of removing it.

HXP 00:16 02 May 04

I had a canon 600du which had something trapped under the glass in the same way. Luckily it was within warranty so canon replaced - if yours in in warranty I would suggest you contact them.

it got dust particles on the underside of the glass after warranty - I took it apart and it seems because of static I ended up with more than I removed.

Eventually I used a spray for eye glasses to clean but even now it's not perfect.

If you do decide to try and clean be aware that the damn glass seems to be a dust magnet !

HXP

Newuser1149 00:53 02 May 04

Many thanks for your response. I think static may be the cause. I imported the scanner from France so I need to check where I stand with regard to returning it.

Djohn 01:04 02 May 04

If returning the scanner is a problem, (Cost/Time wise) then the glass is quite easy to remove. I've been looking on google but unable to find the page I was thinking of. It gave full instructions with photo's on how to strip down and rebuild a scanner.

When you clean the glass, use a soft lint free cloth and if you can get some "Pure Alcohol" this can be bought in a small bottle from your local chemist. Make sure it's pure though and not rubbing alcohol as this will have oil in it.

Wear a pair of thin cotton gloves as well to avoid finger marks as you re-assemble. Most scanners have just a couple of screws holding the frame round the glass and are usually covered with plastic plugs. Remove these screws and the glass should just slide out of the surrounding frame.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…