Scanner mains lead lost

Halmer 21:15 08 Nov 03

I know that by now you lot think that I am a pain in the rear, and I am but....

My lad has a brand new scanner with system he's been given Trouble is the mains lead has been lost. The conection into the scanner is like the one on an external modem only bigger. Like a jack plug.

Can I buy one of these or is it scrap?

graham√ 21:21 08 Nov 03

A scanner is usually powered by a 'Power Supply', it is not mains powered. There should be a label to tell what the requirements are. Come back with that.

woodchip 21:54 08 Nov 03

You first need to know what the volts are that the scanner uses, it will more than likely be on the label or near the socket, plus you need to know what polarity that the plug should be positive to centre or negative to centre. You can then decide if you want to spend money on a volts adapter also have a look at the current it uses probably about 1.5Amp

spuds 22:38 08 Nov 03

Tell us the make, model of the scanner.

graham√ 23:07 08 Nov 03

Just say hello.

flecc 00:58 09 Nov 03

Low power supply plug, Maplin are a source for these, they come in different sizes, or you can buy power supplies with a range of them attached. If you have a Maplin shop nearby you can have a look at the catalogue.

These plugs alone come in sizes 1.3 mm, 2.1 mm, 2.5 mm, 3.1 mm, 3.5 mm, Pages 208 and 209 of the catalogue.

Power supplies in various voltages and currents with those plugs are on pages 505 to 512.

If no shop nearby, Maplins at:-

click here or 0870 264 6000

flecc 00:59 09 Nov 03

If you're baffled by the range, post back with the voltage and current shown on the scanner label and we'll help with the options.

Halmer 16:06 09 Nov 03

for not responding.

There is very little information on the scanner itself.

It say Plug and Scan 96 P on the top on a green oval shape (like a Ford badge).

On the back it says nowt about the power supply at all.

It has three sockets.

1.Computer
2. Printer
3. Power

That's all I have to go on sorry.

NormanD 16:44 09 Nov 03

I don't know if it is any help, but one of my flatbed scanners (Canon Canoscan 656U) doesn,y have a power lead, it,s powered from the USB port.

Norman

woodchip 16:46 09 Nov 03

the only thing I can suggest if you cannot find any identification on the scanner, is to buy an adapter that as at least 12 volts it may be double this, one with many different plugs centre plug set to positive and move the power up starting at about 5volts but what about twain drivers also, if you do not know what the scanner is then there?s no way you are going to get it working without the driver disc. it would not cost much more to buy a cheap flatbed scanner click here

woodchip 16:49 09 Nov 03

PS the last Scanner adapter that I bought from Maplins was 15 Pound to buy and that was a 24Volts 1.5amp for a A3 Flatbed Scanner that I gave to my Son

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…