Scanner Images

peterleemaxwell 15:04 19 Apr 03

Hi.
I have just scanned a large image and had to do it in four seperate pieces. (4xA4). What's the best way I can turn them into one large photograph so I can edit using a image editing programme? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Lee

Bagsey 15:38 19 Apr 03

Have you looked at your scanner software? There is usually the ability to do that stitching. I used to use it when I only had a narrow hand scanner so it will still be arround.

Diemmess 15:57 19 Apr 03

Another roundabout way that I have used (There's always one who makes it hard for himself!)

Set up a new file the size you want the finished work to be.

Paste one of the four images into this and size it so that it occupies one corner.

Then repeat with another of the four sizeing it carefully and moving this one around so that it overlaps to exactly the right spot.

Repeat for the last two images and when you are happy that they appear as one picture "combine" or whatever your editing software offers and save it.

Now you can crop the margins and tinker with "improvements" as you wish.

A lot of this depends on the control your software offers. Stitching if available is partly automatic, but you may have to crop each base image accurately first.

peterleemaxwell 17:23 19 Apr 03

Thank you both very much for your tips. I will try them to achieve the desired result.
Best Wishes,
Lee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…