SCANNER HELP

hotwired 12:05 29 Mar 03

Hi
i have just booted up my pc and wanted to use the scanner.
i am using xp and the scanner icon isnt under camera and scanners.but in device manager the scanner is listed as working ..

can anyone help to why this icon isnt there ?

thanks

graham 12:25 29 Mar 03

Is it in programs or on the desktop?

hotwired 12:31 29 Mar 03

hi graham
it not in the programs or on the desktop, it just listed on device manager under imaging devices

but under scanners and camera(control panel) i just have my web cam and my digi cam listed . b4 today this i had all three listed

graham 12:39 29 Mar 03

That's computers for you. If it isn't in add/remove either you will have to re-instal it.

billyliv 12:42 29 Mar 03

Hi, Just a silly point. Make sure you haven't dislodged the power lead into the scanner. Cheers, Bill

hotwired 12:48 29 Mar 03

the power lead is in and the scanners light is running . i also have tried uninstalling it ,rollback driver & reloaded the drivers nothing seem to work .

hotwired 12:49 29 Mar 03

ps.... i had a shortcut for the scanner on my desktop when i click it nothing happens

graham 12:52 29 Mar 03

Can you right-click the shortcut, see if there is an option to open.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:52 29 Mar 03

What scanner make is it ? Try opening a program
say nero for instance selct acqire source and scan a image at least you will know if it working.

hotwired 12:58 29 Mar 03

hi nickname
i have just tried to work my scanner with picture it 7 and it is scanning.but i dont want to use this i wanted to use the default windows scanner software

the make a visioneer fu661e

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:06 29 Mar 03

Im guessing this a usb scanner? and your cam and digi cam are usb,may not work but i had similar probs with a usb printer scanner wouldnt show up but worked and found that printer set up a virual usb port with conflicted so i had to uninstall printer and put scanner in first,in your case both cams if they usb put scanner in first then rest if scanner works,may not work but........

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…