Scanner gives purple cast

liberatortoo 19:24 30 Mar 10

I've got an old Canon 8000F flat bed scanner that I'd not used for a number of years.

Recently, I went to scan some slides (transparancies) but they came out with a purple cast.

I tried recalibrating the scanner, but this didn't work.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

I'm loathe to get rid of it cos I 've hardly used it, but Canon want to charge a lot just to look at it and if it can be repaired, the cost will be nearly that of a new scanner. I can't seem to find anyone that does scanner repairs (in London) so if anyone's got suggestions for this also, I 'd be grateful.

Many thanks in advance for help

Woolwell 23:49 30 Mar 10

How old are the slides? Some of my old slides scanned with a hue but then they lost colour over the years. Suggest you try scanning a standard photo first and see if that has any colour problems. It may be just transparencies.

onionskin 08:43 31 Mar 10

Are you scanning them as colour negatives, which have an orange cast so the scanner cmompensates with a purple cast.

onionskin 08:44 31 Mar 10

*cmompensates - or something.

Diemmess 08:54 31 Mar 10

If the 8000F is similar in principle to a not so old Epson that I have then -

There are two lamps, the one in the lid being used only for transparent film or slides.
May be the lid light is faulty?

One test you could try is to scan some small scrap of clear plastic and see how that turns out?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…