Scanner to fax software

Mark-335400 16:25 09 Feb 06

I'm after some simple, cheap and cheerful software (hopefully free) for being able to scan an image and then being able to fax it with the minimum of fuss,,,any ideas?

pj123 16:38 09 Feb 06

Obviously, I assume you have a scanner to save the scan as a jpeg image. I don't have a problem scanning anything and using Supervoice to fax it to anyone I like.

You must have an analogue modem installed and most modems that I have installed have Supervoice on them for free.

Mark-335400 16:48 09 Feb 06

pj123, thanks for your reply. I have checked the cd rom that came with the modem but alas no supervoice. I have cheecked out supervoices web site but the "FREE" software that is available is only a 30 day trial version... any ideas

pj123 17:05 09 Feb 06

If you like to email me your address I can snail mail you a CD with Supervoice 2.2, which is the version I use.

geedad 19:52 09 Feb 06

pj123
I was interested in your response to 'daygo' about Supervoice 2.2.
This will only work with Windows 98, will it not?
I vaguely remember trying to use it on XP Home, but it did not work.
Your knowledge would be appreciated.
geedad

pj123 12:01 10 Feb 06

geedad, good point. I am on Win 98SE and my knowledge of XP is very scant. I have about 3 old Modem install CDs all except one has Supervoice 2.2 Just had a look at one and it says "For Windows 95/98/NT4/2000

So it may just work on XP.

But, from what I have read on the Forum doesn't XP have a fax application built in?

Mark-335400 13:25 10 Feb 06

pj123 and geedad, thanks for your comments. I know there is a fax facilty in windows but I'm trying to keep scanning to fax simple. As a way of explaining what Im after is as follows:- eg if you want to scan a document and then print it you can use an application to import the image and then print it, you can also use the scanner and camera wizard and go through the various steps and print it out. HOWEVER I have come across some freeware by Nico Cuppen called photcopier 2.31 which requires about 2 clicks of the mouse to scan an image and then print it, effectively turning your scanner and printer into a photocopier. What I'm after is this simplicity regarding scanning a document and then being prompted for a telephone number to fax to. Anybody any ideas..

chub_tor 14:27 10 Feb 06

I've been using a cut down version of Paperport that was free on the PCPro magazine cover disc back in 2001. It works fine on Windows XP and with my Canon scanner. email me if you need it.

Stuartli 15:28 10 Feb 06

If you use XP's Fax Console (Add/Remove Windows Components) you can scan your reqauirements, send it to Word and fax from Word.

Or at least I can do this with my Agfa ScanWise scanner software.

pj123 16:15 10 Feb 06

I usually scan to Paint Shop pro and then fax it from there using Supervoice, but you can use any application that has a "print" facility. (Word, Works, Publisher etc). Not a lot of mouse activity, just File, Print select the Fax printer type the fax number and Send.

All scanners (as far as I know) have a copier facility. My Epson 3170 also has a Scan to Email facility.

We are making suggestions but you haven't actually told us what scanner you have and we are all assuming you are running XP?

Mark-335400 16:55 10 Feb 06

Windows XP prof and Agfa Snapscan touch scanner, I know it seems 'bone idle' on my part only wanting to press a couple of keys for a result but after using Photocopier 2.31 I have been spoilt, and I am a true believer in that the simpler things are in life the better they work (oopps gone all philosophical)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5