Scanner-EPSON 1260 OR CANON LiDE30 ?

AngeTheHippy 11:09 05 Mar 03

Morning Chaps, bit of help please. I've been looking for(performance)comparisons between the above mentioned scanners-couldn't find bought the Canon LiDE30 yesterday, which is *supposed* to be USB2. Well, I've installed it, and to tell you the truth, it's not only slow SLOW, but really quite noisy too. Reason I'm replacing is the Epson 640u just **was not playing the game** with XP. Didn't wanna know. Shame, because the results I got whilst using it with '98 were really pretty good - not too noisy and NOT as slow as this Canon! So, before I take this LiDE30 back and swap for the 1260, can anyone tell me their views on these two - Have you tried both? Which did you prefer? This is a LiDE30 -v- Epson 1260 exercise!

Thanks a bunch,

Djohn 13:39 05 Mar 03

AngeTheHippy, Lide30 is USB1.1, but that aside should be a fairly speedy scanner. I have the Lide50 USB2, and its fast and quiet.

I have no experience of the Epson, but have heard only good reports regarding them. Good luck with you final choice.

AngeTheHippy 14:28 05 Mar 03

on the box of the LiDE30 it states *USB 2 - Full Speed* - I believe this to be NOT the same as USB2 - does this mean though, that if I don't have this *USB2 FullSpeed* (I don't..)then it will revert to USB1? I'm completely confused now........Doh!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…